Please be advised of the following reasons that may lead to discharge from the adaptive riding program and/or the center.
1) The client has reached all of their goals and is ready to graduate.
2) The client's potential to maintain head and neck control while riding presents a safety concern.
3)The inability to follow directions is interfering with progress towards goals.
4) Uncontrolled and/or inappropriate behavior that constitutes a safety risk to a client, staff, volunteer, and/or horse.
5) The client exceeds weight staff, volunteers, and/or horses can safely manage.
6) Any change in the client's medical, physical, cognitive, or emotional condition that makes adaptive riding inappropriate.
7) Three scheduled appointments are missed without prior cancelation.
8) Disruptive behavior that is counterproductive to the benefit of anyone, equine or human at TROT.
9) Any purposeful act of compromised safety related to any equine, human or self at TROT.
10) No longer suited, willing or able to preform activities at TROT safely or as directed.
11) Non-payment of fees, as originally agreed.
a) All participants/volunteers/guests who meet the criteria of dismissal will be asked to meet with the Volunteer Coordinator and Program Director to discuss the behavior/issue in question.
b) The Volunteer Coordinator and Program Director will work to educate and outline the appropriate expected behavior of the participant/volunteer/guest at TROT.
c) If the participant/volunteer/guest is willing to perform the expected behavior/task, then support and further education will be implemented by the TROT staff.
d) If the participant/volunteer/guest is not receptive to the expectation of behavior, the volunteer will be asked to leave the TROT program. Therefore, dismissed from the TROT property or returning in the future without permission.
e) The participant/volunteer/guest will be sent a signed, dated letter confirming the expected actions as a result of the meeting.
f) An additional copy of the letter will be Printed and placed in the participant's/volunteer's file.